Churches and Congregations
El Futuro seeks to complement faith based spiritual counseling services (ie. pastoral counseling) and help through a partnership with local churches and congregations.
What El Futuro Can Provide for Churches and Congregations
Often the struggles individuals and families face goes beyond what is appropriate for pastoral counseling. El Futuro accepts many referrals and acts as a resource for churches and congregations of all faiths. While El Futuro is not a faith-based organization, many of our staff are “faith-based.” Our work at El Futuro is a fruit of our faith and we share love daily with people who are marginalized, broken, and suffering.
Faith groups can support our work by:
- Providing space, logistical support, childcare, food, and financial support for parent programs that strengthen Latino families. This is an excellent way to reach out to the Latino community!
- Providing financial support for El Futuro to provide more in-depth mental health and substance abuse services to community members who have nowhere else to turn as they deal with their illnesses.
We are thankful for our recent and current partners:
- Chapel of the Cross
- Church of Reconciliation
- Summit Church
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Hillsborough
- Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Cole Mill Road Church of Christ
- Duke Chapel
- The Catholic Community of St. Thomas Moore
- Immaculate Conception Church
Spanish Speaking Faith Leaders Lunches
Spanish speaking faith leaders are welcome to attend our ongoing lunch meetings where we discuss faith and mental health, how to work together better, how to not burn out, and other topics. Contact our director Luke Smith for more information at email@example.com.
(last updated: 11/13/14)