Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Accounting Specialist. This position is responsible for the financial and bookkeeping functions, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, and general ledger accounting. They assist in the preparation of financial statements and grant reporting to grantors, the leadership team, and the board.
- Perform the general accounting functions of El Futuro, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and disbursements, credit card and expense statement reporting, accounting software administration, and general ledger entry, maintenance, and reporting.
- Perform account reconciliations to verify, allocate, post, and balance transactions, and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of financial data for grant proposals and subsequent grant reporting.
- Prepare and maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities.
- Perform internal audits as requested.
- Prepare payroll, including verification of timesheets, earnings, deductions, and transmission of payroll.
- Reconcile all payroll reports, including transmission of 403b contributions to Empower.
- Maintain payroll files, payroll reports, and related paperwork.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly evaluate accounting processes, policies and procedures to ensure high level of efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Conduct regular internal reviews to ensure compliance with Finance and El Futuro policies and procedures.
- Provide financial information to the leadership team by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Assist with Month End Close and Financial Reporting for the affiliate.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensure internal controls are followed and maintain the confidentiality of all El Futuro’s .
- Assist the Director of Finance and the Director of Strategy and Advancement in the budget and forecasting process.
- Assist in the compilation of reports and documents required for the annual audit.
- Participate in the annual audit by being onsite to answer questions from the auditors, prepare documents requested during the audit, and attend any follow up meetings and the audit report presentation.
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate actively in monthly All Staff Meetings.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team and identifying solutions.
- Adhere to affiliate policies and procedures including meetings and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance, and following personnel policies.
- Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in fundraising and other agency-wide activities.
- Be a team player who is ready to support other duties as assigned, in consultation with your supervisor and priority tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in accounting, preferably for a nonprofit organization.
- Technical knowledge of accounting regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including accounting databases, QuickBooks, Excel, Google Suite, and other relevant software.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization, including leadership team, board members, and external partners.
- Experience supporting audits.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while affording attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Alignment with El Futuro’s mission to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit sector and the adaptability required to achieve the mission.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication, preferred.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.