Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Advancement Coordinator. This position is focused on building out the capacity of El Futuro to fundraise, friend-raise, and ensure sustainability for El Futuro through funder relations. The Advancement Coordinator will work closely with the Advancement Manager to steward existing funder relationships, engage prospective funders, and inspire the greater community around El Futuro’s mission.
The salary for this position starts at $40,000, annually. El Futuro provides employer paid medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability; 403B matching; generous PTO and paid holidays; stipend and paid time off for professional development as well as opportunities for mentorship and increasing leadership.
The Advancement Coordinator performs a wide range of functions, including, but not limited to the following:
- Stewarding existing funder relationships
- Manage and track donations and donors in the donor database
- Send acknowledgement letters and correspondence to funders
- Assist the Advancement Manager in hosting donor-centric events (including office tours)
- Engaging prospective funders
- Support the Grants Development Manager in researching prospective funders (landscape analysis) and systematizing and organizing grant applications
- Identify affinity groups in corporations and local institutions
- Network with local partners by attending events and providing teach-backs/reports to the Advancement team
- Inspiring the greater community around El Futuro’s mission
- Assist in coordination of 3-5 organizational events/year including Coffees with Luke series (February), El Futuro’s Luncheon (March), Kermes Community Fiesta (May/September), and El Futuro’s Art Auction & Fundraiser (September)
- Create and update segments of populations to communicate with in communication platform
- Assist the Communications Manager to develop social media content, newsletters, web content (articles, etc) and graphic recordings or visual representations that can quickly and clearly communicate our work
- Take photos and develop short videos to promote El Futuro’s work (behind the scenes work of connecting with people, writing scripts, interviewing, etc)
- Develop and implement surveys for different audiences: clients, staff, donors, etc.
Identify prospective media to communicate our message
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate in meetings and organizational related activities as directed by the supervisor, which may include All Staff
- Meeting, Individual Supervision, participation on a committee, or other activities.
- Engage in learning opportunities through “La Mesita”, El Futuro’s training platform and network of bilingual providers in North Carolina, or through other appropriate career development opportunities.
- Be a team player who is ready to support other duties as assigned, in consultation with your supervisor and priority tasks.
Preferred: Bachelor’s in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration or related field.
Strengths in communications (spoken and written), interpersonal relationships, prioritization, listening skills, self-motivation.
Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication.
Proven skills in developing communication materials and experience in using data to prepare smart presentations
Knowledge and skills in project management and the ability to define objectives and goals, work independently and interdependently, demonstrating self-reliance, initiative and results
Software requirements: proficiency in the use of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point), Google Suite and ideally, project management software such as Slack or Monday.com.
This is a hybrid position, with 75% of the work week performed in El Futuro’s Durham, NC office and flexibility to work remotely approximately 25% of the work week.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.