Bilingual Case Manager
Want to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a part-time Bilingual Case Manager based in the Durham office. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, and demonstrates excellent customer service. They must be energetic, driven, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and demonstrate a commitment to El Futuro’s mission.
Currently, El Futuro is providing all services virtually. This position will begin remote. Once the clinic opens for in-person services, this position will be based out of El Futuro’s Durham office. This position will be required to work in the office on Tuesday’s 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and Friday’s from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. The remaining office hours will be a combination of in office and work from home hours.
The case manager is responsible for providing care coordination in order to ensure the full recovery of adults, adolescents, and children enrolled in mental health and substance misuse outpatient services at El Futuro, Inc.
Primary Job Functions:
- Facilitate care coordination between El Futuro and allied community organizations (i.e. clinics, hospitals, schools, DV/SA services, legal services).
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of case management services.
- Maintain caseload of 6-8 clients.
- Be willing to work offsite in a satellite clinic or other location as determined by programmatic needs.
- Be willing to work evening hours in order to increase access to care for students and working adults.
- Meet weekly with Case Management Team Lead for clinical supervision and support.
- Attend allied service provider meetings in order to create and maintain positive relationships related to serving the Latinx community.
- Contribute to clinical team knowledge of community resources by providing individual consultations with therapists, writing resource updates for staff newsletter, and highlighting resources for all staff meetings .
- Participate in periodic skills-based training in order to keep abreast of a rapidly changing field and maintain best practice approaches for working with Latinx population.
- Conduct post-case management surveys in order to identify the case management program’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Assist in keeping in-house resource database up to date.
- Conduct home visits as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field. Degree must be from an accredited school.
- One year clinical experience with Spanish-speaking clients preferred.
- One to two years experience in a mental health setting and/or case management certification preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent spoken Spanish required. Must be able to read and communicate with clients in written Spanish. Must be able to document clinical encounters in English and treatment plans in Spanish.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and protect client confidentiality when working in close collaboration with other agencies in the field.
- Willingness to pursue relevant training as needed.
- Google Drive, Documents, Sheets experience preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.