Director of Client Services and Population Health
Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Client Services Director based in the Durham office to provide leadership, management, and oversight of the client services department in accordance with the strategic plan and vision of El Futuro. To ensure operations and program quality, compliance with policies and guidelines, and to develop, oversee, and execute the goals and objectives for clinical services programs.
The ideal candidate is a leader who exemplifies our mission and values to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams, a strong communicator who can foster and maintain positive relationships between leadership, clinicians, and staff. They are a seasoned administrator who can set standards, facilitate change, and instill compassionate accountability at all levels. They have experience with community/non-profit mental health or healthcare organizations and demonstrated experience working with or awareness of the context of traditionally under-resourced communities, preferably the Latino community.
Currently, El Futuro is providing all services virtually. This position will begin remote with a flexible work schedule, with some required weekly meetings (including Fridays 9-11:00).
- Participate in the development and execution of population-based strategies for client care that simultaneously ensure efficient access for clients and support a sustainable business model based on value.
- Identify and promote the implementation of appropriate treatment models of care within clinic-based programs, including developing appropriate learning opportunities in evidence-based practices.
- Research and development in the area of value-based contracting to prepare El Futuro’s efforts to adapt to the changing payer landscape.
- Development and oversight of population-based vision including production of metrics that assist El Futuro with tracking/ demonstrating population impact.
- Build strategic partnerships with area providers to transition towards an integrated behavioral health system of services and support.
- Develop and sustain collaborative relationships with identified funders, including MCOs and grantors, in the areas of quality improvement, audits, and program outcomes, and fundraising.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to establish programmatic goals, deliverables, policies, and budgets in order to ensure sustainable funding for core clinical work.
- Establish and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and processes related to clinical and enhanced program services.
- Direct the planning, implementation, administration, and evaluation of all client services and programs.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in policy development impacting clinical staff.
- Provide vision, supervision, coaching, and guidance to direct reports.
- Cultivate an environment of cultural humility within clinic-based services, providing clinicians with access to appropriate culturally-informed training and supervision.
- Participate in El Futuro communications and advocacy efforts, including local and national audiences.
- In collaboration with the Director of Advancement and Strategy, prepare, implement and manage the client services annual budget.
- Communicate and hold the department accountable for achieving identified financial benchmarks and elements of performance.
- Ensure client services programs are compliant with state and federal regulatory standards.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team, and identifying solutions.
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate actively in All Staff Meetings.
- Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in development and other agency-wide activities.
- Engage in learning opportunities through “La Mesita”, El Futuro’s training platform and network of bilingual providers in North Carolina.
- Master’s Degree in related field or minimum 10 years of leadership experience in community-based organizations.
- Preferred five to seven years of management experience and/or program development.
- Preferred three years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out highly-complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information and understanding of HIPAA compliance and regulations.
- Intermediate skill level using Google Suite and MS Office products.
- Experience and familiarity with report writing, ability to produce quality materials within tight time frames, and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Professional, self-motivated, results-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal/presentation).
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated collaborative working style, especially with Leadership Team peers.
- Ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter, with your salary expectation, to email@example.com.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.