Clinical Training Specialist
Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a part-time Clinical Training Specialist based in the Durham office to supplement and extend the training and educational activities offered via El Futuro’s “La Mesita” programming.
The ideal candidate has clinical knowledge and experience relevant to providing trauma-informed, culturally-responsive mental health care for the Latino or Spanish-speaking community. Bilingual, English and Spanish, is strongly preferred. They must be energetic, driven, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and demonstrate a commitment to El Futuro’s mission.
Currently, El Futuro is providing all services virtually. This position will begin remotely with a flexible work schedule, with some required weekly meetings (including Fridays 9-11:00).
El Futuro is also hiring a part-time Technical Assistance and Consultation Program Lead. You can view the job posting on this website. A candidate who meets the qualifications for both positions may apply to combine the two into a full-time position.
- Develop, lead and/or facilitate clinical and other educational trainings and activities including, but not limited to ECHO Case Consultation didactic sessions, topical webinars, multi-day clinical trainings, community-based talks/presentations, and more, both independently and in collaboration with other agency staff
- Research, identify, and work with experts on varying topics related to Latino Mental Health for La Mesita and other educational activities.
- Participate in selection and onboarding process for participants in agency training that require applications
- Contribute to work-related to curriculum development relevant to high-quality mental health practices and/or other clinical services for the Latino community
- Participate actively in regularly scheduled individual and team meetings
- Support grant activities including grant development, grant reporting, data collection, and tracking as needed
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate actively in All Staff Meetings.
- Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in development and other agency-wide activities.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in a field directly related to behavioral/mental health care and treatment (eg: Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Clinical Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy) OR equivalent training and experience
- Clinical knowledge and experience relevant to providing trauma-informed, culturally-responsive mental health care for the Latino or Spanish speaking community
- Required: Must be able to document professional reports, program outcomes and contribute to grant proposals in English.
- Strongly preferred: Spanish language proficiency
- Demonstrated experience in providing effective training activities and delivering educational material to an audience of adult learners
- Capacity to understand and translate relevant research into actionable strategies to be employed various learning opportunities
- Preferred: Experience using surveys and basic statistical analysis for us in program assessment, improvement, and planning purposes.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to build effective relationships with internal and external staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to self-monitor and self-prioritize
- Flexibility, creativity, and a spirit of collaboration to address developing programmatic needs
- Computer skills with the ability to use Google suite products, cloud-based file management software (e.g., Box.com), online data collection (e.g. Qualtrics), and web conferencing skills (e.g. Zoom)
To apply, submit a cover letter, with your salary requirement, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.