Want to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Communications Manager based in the Durham office. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who proactively generates new ideas and takes ownership to implement them. They must be energetic, driven, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and demonstrate a commitment to El Futuro’s mission.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an annual communications plan aligned to the organization’s vision and culture. This position creates clear and engaging communications to enhance connections with the community, engage our people, and inspire enthusiasm for El Futuro.
- Develop broad, annual messaging themes, related content calendar, and tactical plan, including strategies that target objectives for each of El Futuro’s diverse audiences:
- Donors & prospective donors
- Latino patients, families, and community
- Partnering organizations, including those in the medical field
- Funders and policy makers
- Allied professionals providing similar services across the state and beyond
- Develop and implement content across all channels (website, social media, earned media, direct email, print, fundraising, presentation materials, marketing/advertising, etc.) in line with communication strategies and organizational goals (including Spanish-language materials)
- Design visually appealing, effective communications / marketing materials aimed at diverse audiences
- Develop grant reports (or portions of reports) as requested
- Develop and evaluate metrics and adapt as necessary
- Manage volunteers to achieve key communications objectives
- Contribute to annual communications budget and resource assessment, in collaboration with Director of Advancement & Strategy
- Serve as spokesperson for El Futuro with media and other audiences, coordinate all media requests and photo releases, as well as potential delivery of presentations
- Educate staff about messaging and provide communications training to other personnel as needed
- Develop proactive content dissemination strategies and content to reach targeted audiences
- Five+ years professional communications experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a culturally-diverse environment, managing up, out, and down as needed
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- WordPress or similar website platforms
- Google Drive
- Canva or similar design platforms
- Constant Contact or similar email marketing platforms
To apply, submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are a good match for this position and how you meet the qualifications
- Salary requirements
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.