Grants and Contracts Specialist
Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading behavioral health treatment provider to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Grants and Contracts Specialist to join the Finance Team. This position supports the management and administration of grants and contracts at El Futuro. They coordinate activities related to funder reporting and contract invoicing to ensure the timely draw-down of funds and provide administrative support to the Finance team.
This position is hybrid, mostly remote, with occasional work time in the Durham office.
The annual salary for this position is $45,000.00. El Futuro provides employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability; 403B matching; generous PTO and paid holidays; paid parental leave; and stipend and paid time off for professional development.
● Provide data entry and spreadsheet management to record grant and contract expense allocations.
● Coordinate and develop grant and contract billing, including:
○ Manage staff time and activity sheets according to contract budgets.
○ Create and submit invoicing for grant and contract awards that require invoicing.
○ Coordinate and lead collaboration with finance and program staff to comply with grant and contract requirements.
○ Prepare monthly reports of time and activity sheets and other deliverables per funder requirements or requests.
○ Assist in the analysis of burn rate and lags on designated contract awards to ensure accurate billing.
● Coordinate communication efforts between El Futuro and Grant Administrators at funding organizations.
● Implement post-award finance processes (Monday.com updates, kickoff meetings, record-keeping requirements, etc.).
● Assist the Grants and Contracts Manager with budget and other adjustments throughout the post-award management process.
● Create and provide post-award grant and contract financial reports according to funder and El Futuro timelines and formatting requirements.
● Provide administrative support to the Finance team as appropriate and priorities allow, including taking minutes at Board Finance Committee meetings and Finance Team meetings.
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
● 9:00am to 11:00am on Fridays is required work time for all employees to participate in El Futuro meetings and committees.
● Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in fundraising and other organization-wide activities.
● Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
● Be a team player who is ready to support other duties as assigned, in consultation with your supervisor and priority tasks.
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting, or related fields.
● Two years’ experience working in nonprofit finance or administration.
● Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and project management systems.
Preferred Education and Experience:
● Experience with grant management.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while affording attention to detail and organization.
● Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
● Ability to self-motivate, work independently and function well as a team member
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Enthusiasm for working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions based on any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.