Bilingual Clinical Assistant
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, NC
Overview of El Futuro:
El Futuro is a non-profit mental health and substance abuse outpatient clinic serving Latino families of central North Carolina. We operate two clinics located in Durham and Siler City.
The Clinical Assistant/Receptionist provides administrative support to the entire El Futuro office. We are seeking someone who is very committed to working with the Latino community in North Carolina and open to the unique challenges of working in a non-profit organization. This is a full-time position (32 hours) with benefits. Please note that position requires coverage in both locations: Durham and Siler City.
1. “Front Desk” functions
● Answering incoming calls
● Responding to inquiries about programs and services
● Speaking with and assisting clients
● Receiving and accommodating clients and visitors
● Maintain order in waiting area
● Checking voicemail and following up
2. Facilitate appointments
● Reminder phone calls to clients 2 business days before the scheduled appointment
● Maintain schedules of each clinician based on their needs/preferences
● Receive payments from clients
3. Process new clients
● Client financial intake-Review forms and communicate financial responsibilities of
client to El Futuro.
● Accurately and completely enter B-1 data into IMS
4. Office equipment and operations
● Keep printers full of paper
● Keep common areas straight and organized (break room, waiting area, office
● Scan records into IMS regularly based on need
● Maintain discretion with regards to private information (HIPAA compliance)
● Keep professional distance from clients seeking someone to talk to
● First line security: call 911 if there is an emergency then follow crisis protocol
● Direct incoming faxes to the appropriate recipient
● Make sure that mail/client files/scanning cabinet is locked when you leave
Monday – 10:00pm – 6:00pm – Siler City location
Tuesday- 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Durham location
Wednesday – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Siler City location
Thursday – 10:00am – 6:00pm – Siler City location
Friday – 9:00am – 11:00am – Durham location
We seek a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) person with excellent customer service skills who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. The individual must have high level organization, prioritization, communication and listening skills.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered, send your resume and a cover letter that explains why you want this position and your salary requirement to: Sarelli Rossi, Operations Director, El Futuro, Inc, 2020 Chapel Hill Road, Ste 23, Durham, NC 27707, fax to 919-688-7102, or email to email@example.com. No phone calls. You can gather more information about El Futuro at our website: www.elfuturo-nc.org .
Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications. Employment agency inquiries are not welcome.