Substance Use Counselor
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, NC
Want to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
The Substance Use Counselor will join our mission at a critical time of growth, as we continue to develop our substance use treatment program to help more individuals. In this role you will work with not only members of our El Futuro team but also partner organizations and members of the community we serve.
- Provide outpatient substance use treatment services including assessments and counseling;
- Prefer to have someone join our team who has dual-diagnosis training and treatment
- Provide DWI assessment and treatment;
- Offer services to adolescents and adults with a family-centered emphasis to promote recovery;
- Work in multiple sites and various modes of counseling such as satellite clinics, school-based services and/or videos-health counseling;
- Offer guidance and support with program development;
- Represent El Futuro to the community through various interactions to help grow awareness of services and generate referrals;
- Actively participate as a member of the clinical team via participation in group supervision and consultation with treatment teams;
- Participate as an El Futuro team member in development work with annual fundraising luncheon and associated activities like the annual friends and family campaign;
- Join a growing, supportive, diverse team that is mission-focused and laughs often.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Excellent spoken Spanish required, must be able to read and communicate with clients in written Spanish, must be able to document clinical encounters in English
- Valid license to treat substance use disorders in the state of North Carolina required (LCAS preferred, CSAC may also apply)
- Dual-diagnosis training in mental health preferred, with LCSW, LPC, LCAS, LMFT, LPA or Ph.D. in psychology and be fully licensed to practice in the state of North Carolina
- At least 2 years of work experience as substance use counselor
- At least 2 years of experience providing DWI assessment, DWI Group Treatment, and ADETS
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with a diverse array of people
To respond to this job posting, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references with attention to Luke Smith, MD, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until filled