La Mesita Learning Cohort:
Cultivating Culturally Responsive Practices in Latinx Mental Health
Building a Better Futuro, ¡Juntos!
The Learning Cohort is a small group of ~20 people that commit to engaging and learning together about culturally responsive practices in Latinx Mental Health over a 5 month period.
Throughout the Learning Cohort, participants will engage in Orientation and Capstone events, Virtual Learning Sessions, Virtual Social Hours, readings and reflections, and structured goal setting and implementation activities – all guided by La Mesita’s team. Our hope is that members increase awareness, knowledge, and skills in culturally responsive practices while building a strong community and network of like-minded professionals.
Applications for our Fall 2021 Cohort are now closed. Please check in later this year for Spring 2022 Learning Cohort applications!
“Top-notch, comprehensive, clinically dynamic content and trainings designed to foster enhanced knowledge and skills to support Latinx mental health in a supportive and nurturing learning community.”
“It is one of the best investments of time and energy to improve clinical practice and/or [your] role as clinical supervisor of therapists working with Latinx clients.”
Opportunities and benefits of cohort participation
- Personal/professional development in multicultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in Latinx mental health
- Networking and meaningful connections with other professionals across disciplines to help reduce provider isolation
- Exposure to the latest research and best practices in Latinx mental health
- Access to helpful Latinx mental health resources and materials
- Continuing education credits
Over the 5-month cohort we will spend time:
- Learning practical and specific ways to provide a culturally responsive approach to our mental health work
with the Latinx community
- Developing and starting to implement a goal for making practices more culturally responsive using a structured
and supportive framework
- Connecting and building relationships with ~20 other professionals doing this important work
A highlight of topics we will address are:
- Integrating Cultural Principles in Treatment with Latinx Populations
- Deepening Cultural Humility in Clinical Care
- Contextual Interviewing with Latinx Populations
- Culturally Responsive Therapy Approaches with Latinx Populations
- Stewarding Ourselves as We Steward Trauma
Please note trainings will be held in English and the goal of these sessions is not to improve clinical Spanish language skills.