Spring 2020 Learning Cohort:
Cultivating Culturally Responsive Practices in Latinx Mental Health
Building a Better Futuro, ¡Juntos!
The Learning Cohort is a small group of ~20 people that commit to engaging and learning together about culturally responsive practices in Latinx Mental Health over a 5 month period.
Throughout the Learning Cohort, participants will engage in Orientation and Capstone events, Virtual Learning Sessions, Virtual Social Hours, readings and reflections, and structured goal setting and implementation activities – all guided by La Mesita’s team. Our hope is that members increase awareness, knowledge, and skills in culturally responsive practices while building a strong community and network of like-minded professionals.
Applications for our Spring 2020 Cohort are closed, check back in this summer for
applications for our Fall 2020 Cohort!
“Top-notch, comprehensive, clinically dynamic content and trainings designed to foster enhanced knowledge and skills to support Latinx mental health in a supportive and nurturing learning community.”
“It is one of the best investments of time and energy to improve clinical practice and/or [your] role as clinical supervisor of therapists working with Latinx clients.”
Opportunities and benefits of cohort participation
- Personal/professional development in multicultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in Latinx mental health
- Networking and meaningful connections with other professionals across disciplines to help reduce provider isolation
- Exposure to the latest research and best practices in Latinx mental health
- Access to helpful Latinx mental health resources and materials
- Continuing education credits